Our contact details
Name: Blooms Nurseries Ltd
Address: Low Road, Bressingham, Diss, Norfolk, England, IP22 2AB
Phone Number: 01379 688 282
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Customer names
- Billing/delivery addresses
- Contact details including email address and phone number(s)
- Payment information
- Website user IP addresses
- User login details
- Website user stats
- Communications sent through email and social media
- Employee data
- Cookies – a small text file that is downloaded onto ‘terminal equipment’ (e.g. a computer or smartphone) when the user accesses a website, allowing the website to recognise that user’s device and store some information about the user’s preferences or past actions.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You supplied your details when visiting our gardens
- You supplied your details when purchasing mail order plants and products online
- You signed up to our newsletter online
- You entered one of our prize draws or competitions
- You booked to attend one of our events.
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Supply goods and services that you purchase from us
- Advertise our products
- Analyse the effectiveness of our marketing
- Run prize draws and competitions
- Comply with our obligations under a contract entered into with you.
We may share this information with third parties to enable us to carry out business and marketing activities, such as processing payments and issuing newsletters. Examples of such third parties:
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting The Data Protection Officer, Blooms Nurseries Ltd, Low Road, Bressingham, Diss, Norfolk, England, IP22 2AB
- Legal obligation to comply with legal processes, such as from law enforcement or other government agencies
- We have a contractual obligation. When you make a purchase from us, you are entering a contract with us. We process your data in order to perform this contract
- We have a legitimate interest. We process data in order to run and grow our business, taking into account your interests, rights and freedoms.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored:
- in locked storage
- in password-protected databases
We keep paper records for 12 years under company law. We keep computer records for 5 years. We will then securely dispose your information.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at Blooms Nurseries Ltd, Low Road, Bressingham, Diss, Norfolk, England, IP22 2AB, phone number: 01379 688 282, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at:
The Data Protection Officer,
Blooms Nurseries Ltd, Low Road, Bressingham, Diss, Norfolk, England, IP22 2AB
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk