Saturday 8th & Sunday 9th September 2018
You can come and be inspired anytime at The Bressingham Gardens
Or join us for this special weekend!
Save up to 44% on entry, lectures and meals by booking early
WHAT’S ON OFFER
- Short lectures on gardens and plants – ideas from The Bressingham Gardens that you can take home with you.
- Plant sales from The Bressingham Gardens Nursery and other specialist nurseries.
- Exhibition of artists’ impressions of The Bressingham Gardens.
- Display of plants in containers created by East Anglian garden clubs and horticultural societies.
- Refreshments – homemade lunch, snacks and tea in the marquee.
- Tours of Bressingham Hall, once the Bloom family home, now offered for holiday lets.
- … And above all, the stunning 17 acres of The Bressingham Gardens at their best.
“Exceeds all expectations. All gardeners should come here before disappearing into the great island bed in the sky.”
Margaret Higgins, October 2017
Saturday 8th September only – in the High Barn. £6 per session booked in advance, or £7 on the day.
Choosing the Best Plants for Success in Your Garden
Morning Session – “Inspirational Choices”
- 11am – Adrian Bloom – 10 plants you can’t be without
- 11.45am – Jaime Blake – 10 of the best late-flowering perennials
Afternoon Session – “Less is More”
- 2.30pm – Adrian Bloom – 10 of the best shrubs for flower and foliage, and how to prune them
- 3.15pm – Jaime Blake – 10 of the best grasses for the garden
Plant lists will be available to take home.
Sunday 9th September – no lectures
First quality perennials and grasses grown by Jason Bloom on his nearby Bressingham Gardens Nursery can be selected personally for your own garden on this special weekend. These will include some of Adrian Bloom’s Best perennials, grasses and shrubs. Shrubs and Conifers, and plants from other specialist nurseries will also be available. Signed copied of Adrian Blooms most recent books will also be on sale.
Free! A £5 voucher to every visitor to redeem when spending £15 or more on plants from the Bressingham Garden Nursery plant sales area on the day!
Exhibition of Art inspired by the Bressingham Gardens
Artwork inspired by views, plants or wildlife of The Bressingham Gardens will be on display in the High Barn as part of The Bressingham Gardens 2018 Art Competition.
‘Art in the Garden’ will be introduced by Christine Grey-Wilson on Sunday 9th September at 11am, and the prize giving will be held in the High Barn at 5pm.
The winner will receive a free 3-night stay for family and friends at Bressingham Hall!
The Bressingham Gardens ‘Pot Off’ Competition
The inaugural year 2018 – a display of plants in containers created by East Anglian garden clubs and horticultural societies. Containers of wood, terracotta and other ornamental garden pots of diameter 30cm to 60cm, planted with perennials, grasses, ferns, shrubs or conifers, illustrating how hardy garden plants can be used to create long periods of interest, and to give ideas to others.
The competition will be judged by Adrian Bloom and 2 other independent judges, and the prize giving will be held in the High Barn at 5pm.
1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes! £100’s worth of plants from The Bressingham Gardens Nursery!
If you belong to an East Anglian garden club or horticultural societies and would like to know more, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Make a day of it, and join us for a splendid lunch and tea at Bressingham Hall and High Barn!
LUNCH: from 12.00pm to 5pm – £10 booked in advance, £12 on the day.
A. Blooms Ploughmans
Black Bomber, Binham Blue, Somerset Brie, Ham, Salad and Pickles, Coleslaw, Tyrells Crisps and Speciality Breads.
B. Foggy Bottom Picnic
Quiche Lorraine, Scotch Egg, Suffolk Chorizo Sausage Roll and a Chicken Drumstick.Salad and Pickles, Coleslaw, Tyrells Crisps and Speciality Breads.
C. Dell Garden Vegetarian Ploughmans
Black Bomber, Binham Blue, Somerset Brie, Tomato and Basil Quiche, Salad and Pickles, Coleslaw, Tyrells Crisps and Speciality Breads.
All of the above options include either a small glass of Wine, Beer, Cider, Tea, Coffee, Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice or Sparkling Elderflower.
AFTERNOON TEA: from 3pm to 5pm – £4.50 booked in advance, £5.50 on the day.
D. Bressingham Cream Tea
Tea or coffee, Scone, Strawberry Jam and Cream.
E. The Hall Classic Finger Sandwiches and Cake;
- Sandwich choice – Cucumber, Egg and Cress, Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese or Ham and Mustard
- Cake choice – Victoria Sandwich, Chocolate Fudge Cake, Lemon Drizzle Cake, Lavendar Shortbread, Fruit
- Includes Tea, Coffee or Soft Drink
Refreshments & Bar available throughout the day.
Please indicate your choice (A, B, C, D or E) when pre-booking.
Guided Tours of Bressingham Hall
Guided tours of Bressingham Hall, the former Bloom family home, by Bridget Bloom eldest daughter of Alan Bloom, and Jill Hodgson the interior designer & house keeper to the Hall. The newly refurbished Hall and High Barn are now available for Holiday Lets, Weddings and Events.
No pre-booking – please sign up on the day.
… And above all, the Bressingham Gardens at their best.
A total of 17 acres, over 8000 different plants, lots of ideas, lots of advice, and lots of plants to put in your garden!
- Alan Bloom’s Dell Garden
- Adrian Bloom’s Foggy Bottom Garden
- The Summer Garden and the Winter Garden
- Adrian’s Wood and Rosemary’s Wood
Up to 44% off garden entry – ONLY £5 per person compared to £8.99 on the day!
14% off lecture sessions – ONLY £6 per person compared to £7 on the day!
16% off light lunches – ONLY £10 per person compared to £12 on the day!
18% off afternoon teas – ONLY £4.50 per person compared to £5.50 on the day!
And FREE! A £5 voucher to every visitor to redeem when spending £15 or more on plants from the Bressingham Garden Nursery plant sales area on the day!
Pre-booking is recommended as numbers are limited and subject to availability.